If you live with chronic pain, you know it can be a long, frustrating journey. It can take time to find a treatment option that works for you, but it is possible to find relief. You can get back to doing the things you love. Because everyone experiences pain differently, the goal is to find treatments that meet your specific needs.
While looking for an effective treatment option, your health care team might recommend medications, surgery, or steroid injections. When these treatments don’t work, it may be time to look into spinal cord stimulator (SCS) systems.
Why choose a spinal cord stimulator?
Spinal cord stimulators (SCS) systems have been around for more than 30 years. Some new SCS systems, like HFX™, are helping people experience significant pain relief. Many people who have not had effective long-term pain relief with other treatment options , like medication or spine surgery, find SCS systems very helpful for pain relief.
HFX, the SCS system with a strong track record of success for chronic back and leg pain, is a small, implantable medical device. It sends mild electrical pulses to the spinal cord to alter pain signals traveling to the brain, thus reducing pain.
What are some benefits of HFX? How is it different than other SCS systems?
Benefits of HFX
There are many benefits of HFX, including:
● HFX has been clinically proven to deliver significantly better and longer lasting pain relief from chronic back and leg pain than other SCS systems.
● HFX offers programs that can be used while driving and sleeping.
● HFX is conditionally approved for MRI scans.
● HFX is not addictive and doesn’t cloud your thoughts, cause drowsiness or constipation as pain medications do.
● HFX offers the widest range of frequencies and waveforms available to individualize your relief.
● You can try HFX in a one-week temporary trial to see if it works for you.
● HFX does not require major surgery.
Wondering if HFX is right for you?
Spinal cord stimulator criteria
Everyone experiences pain differently, and some treatment options work better for some people than others. But many people are experiencing significant relief from their pain by using spinal cord stimulators. You may benefit from spinal cord stimulation systems, like HFX, if you:
● Experience chronic pain, which means you have been experiencing pain for more than three months
● Want to decrease or avoid pain medication
● Experience back, pelvis, hip, leg, or arm pain
● Have tried treatments such as physical therapy, medication, injections, or surgery and have not achieved long-lasting pain relief.
● Need to be able to drive. Unlike many other treatment options that can limit one’s ability to drive, HFX offers programs that can be used while driving.
Significant improvement in your pain can give you a better quality of life. The right treatment can get you back to enjoying time with your friends and family.
People who live with chronic pain may never live 100 percent pain-free. But with significant pain relief, you can get back to what you love. Many people with HFX say they live their lives in a way they didn’t think was possible. Golfers are golfing. People who love their gardens are tending to their plants and vegetables. And parents and grandparents are playing t-ball with kids in the backyard again. If you’re experiencing chronic pain, this may be possible for you too.